Your teeth are supposed to fit in your mouth, be straight, with no spacing or crowding problems so that they function as they should. There are various reasons teeth can be misaligned, crooked, or twisted. It can be because your mouth is small for your teeth which crowds the teeth and causes them to shift.
Below mentioned are a few causes of misaligned teeth:
- Lower or upper jaw are malformed or are not of the same size
- An injury that results in jaw misalignment
- Extended bottle feeding during early childhood
- Thumb sucking during early childhood
- Regular use of a pacifier
- Inappropriate and improper fitted dental devices, such as dental crowns, dental fillings, or dental braces
The problems of misaligned teeth
If you have misaligned teeth, it can result in a wide range of oral health problems. Misaligned teeth can cause interference in your daily oral routine, such as chewing, brushing, and others. This can increase the chances of having cavities, gingivitis, or tooth decay.
How can you rectify the misaligned teeth?
If your teeth misalignment is severe, then it may be treated with braces.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is used for mild cases of misaligned teeth. Because of its clear color, they are almost unnoticeable. Invisalign aligners are removable.
- Fixed braces – Fixed braces are made of metal or ceramic. They are not removable
If you have misaligned teeth and looking for a possible solution, you can contact our dentists at Expressions Dental™ Clinic in Calgary and make an appointment at +1 (403) 252 7733.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][dentalcare_latest_news heading=”Latest Blogs” heading_two=”” readallnews_text=”Read All”][/vc_column][/vc_row]